12.30.2008

The Year to Come

Well, another year has come and nearly gone, and just around the corner waits 2009. It seems like everyone I talk to says they'll be glad for this year to be over so that they can have a fresh start next year; clean slate. This statement confuses me. When you realize you need to make a change why not start it right then? Why wait until the New Year? It makes no sense. The whole dieting resolution-I can sort of see the point in waiting until January with all the rich and fattening foods here around the holidays, but everything else...I just don't know.
A lot of people make resolutions but I never really have. After years of being asked "What's your New Years Resolution?" I finally caved and made one around March of this year and for the most part have stuck with it. My time does not expire until March of 09 so I still have a few months to complete my resolution. However, the world will not fall apart if my resolution is not finished. I will not be utterly disappointed in myself and need counseling if it's not completed. It's a resolution-it's something I'm working on.
So, this coming year I'm not going to make an 'official' resolution but there are several things within myself that I'd like to make an effort to work on.

* I'd love to get my hair cut. I guess that's the easiest to remedy. It's like my hair has just completely taken over my head and now it's branching out and trying to take over the rest of my body. So, a couple 2 or 3 inches would be grand! Of course, once I get it cut I'll hate it until it grows back out again. I always do. It's just the way the world turns.
* I'd like to start eating healthier and drinking more water. I'm not doing this to lose weight. I'd really just like to start eating more nutritious food rather than surviving on sugar, fats, and carbs. I imagine it would make a HUGE difference in the way I feel.
* With all of my being, I would love to finally let go of my greatest fear!
* I'd like to learn something new or try something different. Take a class of some sort or something. If you're not learning-you're not growing. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
* I'd like to read my Bible and pray more. I've never read the Bible entirely through. That was my resolution last year for this year. As I said, I'm almost there. So, this coming year I would like to take a more in depth look at the Bible. God has been really amazing this year! I've really seen His presence in my life. I've prayed and prayed and prayed until it hurt about certain situations...and I may not have always gotten the answer I wanted, but God did answer, and that alone was worth the wait and worth my time.
* I want a personality make over. It seems that over the past month or two some people have seen me as opinionated. For some that may sound like a bad thing. For me though, I think it's great. For too long I've kept my mouth shut and sat at the wayside. I want to work towards being BOLD and unrelenting. I want to be honest with people and speak my mind even if sometimes it's hard for people to hear. I want to stand for what I believe in even if it means standing alone-unashamed. On the other hand, I want to always be compassionate and supportive of other people. I want to work toward being more outgoing and more outspoken. I want to be more optimistic. Over the years I've learned that anyone can have a negative outlook, but it really takes an effort to stay positive.
* (Crochet wise) I'd like to complete a Football Field afghan, a wearable for myself, and several prayer shawls to keep in stock.

So, 2009 I welcome you with open arms as I strive to make the necessary changes in my life and keep a postive outlook while doing it.
Now, let's party like it's 1999, in 2009!

No comments: