12.18.2008

One Down-Two to Go

Well, I managed to finish the baby blanket. The shower was at 2:00 on Saturday and I finished at 1:00. Never in my life have I ever...and never in my life will I ever again. Write that down. I didn't even go to the shower after I busted my rear to finish it. I just dropped it off at my MIL's and got her to take it for me. I had already used up half of my day finishing it and I still had cleaning and wrapping to do...so I just skipped it. Not to mention that I was totally embarrassed by the blanket. It's got to be the ugliest thing I've ever made. I dropped a stitch here and there, and my color sequence was off because of bad math on my part. It's just embarrassing. I really like Danielle too, so I hate to give her something that wasn't my best. My MIL said that she loved it though so I'm glad of that. She also said that everyone wanted to see it so it was passed around. Too bad that doesn't make me feel better. Here are some pics:







When I first started the blanket awhile back-I loved the colors. Not so much though when I finished. The blanket sort of reminds me of a Fair Ground. Imagine lots of kids eating lots of cotton candy and bubble gum and then getting on the Merry-Go-Round or the Swings...UUUUHHHH HHHUUUUUUUUHH. You know what I'm thinking right? It looks like puke, but whatever. As long as she likes it, that's all that matters.

So anyway, that's one thing down and crossed off my list. Two more Christmas gifts to finish and about 6 days to finish them in. Off I go....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fine! I love the little flower accent in the corner; great accent.

You are right, the recipient likes it and appreciates it, that's all that counts. :-)

Yikes, 5 days to go now. I've got FIVE more gifts to make myself!

Feral Housewife X said...

it could just be your irritation at the blanket... i think your blanket turned out well!

but i know how ill i get when i have made mistakes... sometimes it is all i can see!!!

maybe in time, you will be able to appreciate the blanket!

and person that you made it for likes it! that should make it a little better...lol

hope you had a great Christmas!