12.10.2008

Countdown to Christmas Freak Out

Can you believe it's almost Christmas? I'm talking like 14-15 days away...I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. Usually by now all my gifts would be bought and wrapped under the tree. Not this year...I've still got 3 gifts left to buy and still have all my wrapping left to do. I'm feeling the crunch.
I started a baby blanket about a month or so ago for my husbands cousin that is due in February. I have had absolutely NO luck with this blanket whatsoever. I started a star blanket first and couldn't get the pattern to work out. It was written in mostly crochet symbols and I'm just not that good at symbols yet. I frogged that and started over. This time I decided I would do a blanket of granny squares. Sounded easy enough, quick enough. Wrong, it was a blanket of 3 inch granny squares. I got about 30 finished and I had, had all that I could take of weaving in ends and whipstitches. So I decided I would use the squares as the border of the blanket. I had that much accomplished and had my mind made up. I tried a couple of stitch patterns to fit within my borders, my alloted space, and I couldn't get a darn thing to work. Frogged, frogged, and frogged again. I decided that since the baby wasn't due until February that I would put the blanket down, do my Christmas crochet, and then pick the blanket back up at the beginning of the year.
Things were going smoothly. I got about 90% of one gift finished. Then out of the blue I get an invite to the freakin' baby shower for this Saturday. What?!? Who throws a baby shower right before Christmas? Apparently, they do. So, I picked the blanket back up and tried a couple of things-all to no avail. WHY IS THIS BLANKET GIVING ME SUCH FITS!?! So, I'm starting to panic a bit now. I have 3 days left to finish this thing. After this weekend that will only leave me around 10-11 days to finish my Christmas presents...OH and wrap all my existing presents. FREAK OUT!
So, I guess I'll keep winging this blanket. I would hate to waste some 30 3inch granny squares. I know, I know, I could save them until later, but that would never happen. They'd end up in the trash. Pray for me y'all. I'll post pics when I'm done. If I ever finish....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am in my freak out mode too! Good luck with the baby blanket. Only 2 gifts bought and nothing wrapped or shipped. AAHHHHH!