11.11.2008

Another Day, Another....

Another day, another doctors visit. Another doctors visit, another fried sweet potato pie from Bojangles! Woot Woot! Okay, NO, it's not worth it but you've got to make the best out of a bad situation, right?
I also treated myself to a visit to the NeedleTree. The NeedleTree is a local speciality yarn store in my area. I say 'speciality' because it's not like a chain store or anything. And because in my case it almost takes a 'special' occasion to be able to purchase any of their yarn. I touched a lot of yarn, fell in love with even more, but left with nothing. The yarn I wanted was over $20.00 a skein. I'm talking $20.00 for like 116 yards. It was Dazzle by Prism in Copper Penny. That's my new dream yarn. It would make a perfect little dainty scarf! Ahhhhhhh, oh well. It's a scarf that would cost $40.00+. I just couldn't do it. I have a birthday coming up this week. I mentioned the yarn to my husband-he nearly stroked on the floor. I guess I can't expect him to understand. He'd have me buying Red Heart Super Saver all the time!

One doctors visit down....hopefully, no more for awhile....at least until my other appointment on the 25th.

Ain't life grand....
(at least I'll get another sweet potato pie...and if I save my money maybe a new shiny, sparkly, dazzle skein of yarn)

1 comment:

Feral Housewife X said...

my younger son loves those pies too!
of course he is a sweet-potato freak!

hope your doctor appts go well... enjoy your pies (remind yourself how good sweet potatoes are for you & ignore other ingredients!)

and every once in a while, you oughta treat yourself to splurge yarn...

my hubs almost had a heartattack in needltree once!

hope to see you soon!