8.15.2008

What an unproductive night!!

Have you ever had one of those days/nights where nothing you worked on seemed to turn out right?? Well, last night was one of those nights for me! I admit, I've got so many projects lined up that I was already feeling a little overwhelmed about which to work on, so that probably made matters worse. Plus I have this annoying hang up where I feel like I have to finish something every time I sit down. So, having been working on a stashbuster afghan all week I wanted something else to work on...something where I could see actual progress. I decided to work on a new cap pattern I recently purchased. The pattern is really quite simple. It's starts ... ch3, 12 puff st in second chain from hook...but for the life of me I could never fit 12 puff sts in that tiny chain. I attempted it again-then my chain was too big and I had a big fat whole in the center... "RAIN DROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD...THEY KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD" Okay so that would never work as a cap. After a third try I put it aside and decided to work on something easier.

I started on an amigurumi traffic cone...okay I realize how stupid that sounds but whatever. It's super cute. Plus, I work in the parking industry so it all works out. I could decorate my office with tiny, cute, smiling amigurumi traffic cones.....Awwwwww! Yeah, I know. SO ANYWAY, I start the bottom piece in simple SC...nope. I can't even keep that straight. I start the cone and it's too freaking small for me to get my hook in. I put it down and start back with my wonderful stashbuster afghan because that is something I can handle...something that requires no thought at all. After one motif I'm tired of that and attempt the traffic cone again. At about 10:45 last night I completed him. I still think I missed some rows or something because he's kind of short and stumpy but he's still really cute.
If you're interested in the pattern you can get it for free here: http://www.aliciakachmar.com/blog/craft/safety-cone-to-the-rescue/

No comments: