8.21.2008

I am SO in love....

Last night on my way to the weekly Yo-C meeting I stopped by A.C. Moore. It's been awhile since I've been in there because it's such a long drive and because we just got a new Hobby Lobby closer to home. While I was browsing over the yarn selection trying to decide what I needed and what I ABSOLUTELY had to have I ran across 'Country' and 'Spa' by Naturally Caron. I've been eyeballing this yarn on their website just waiting for it to come out. They have the most beautiful colors in both lines and the free patterns on their website are very trendy and beautiful. Most of the time seeing something online is no real indication of how it really is in real life (could I use the word real or really anymore in one sentence, I mean really! HA). This was no exception! First I picked up 'Country' because I saw that it came in my favorite color -Olive Green- except they called it Loden Forest. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am not even playing! It felt absolutely amazing. It's 75% Microdenier Acrylic and 25% Merino Wool. I would have never guessed. I couldn't feel a trace of wool and yet it's so much softer than acrylic. It's machine washable and machine dryable and it has a 12 ply cable. Then after an aisle clean up from all the drool that had accumulated on the floor I picked up 'Spa'. It is 75% Microdenier Acrylic and 25% Bamboo. It was even softer than the 'Country' yarn! I stopped Ms. Maria, the lady working in that department, and asked a hundred questions..."How does it hang?" "Does it stretch?" Most importantly "Does it split?" Ms. Maria says, it hangs very well with very little stretch, and NO the yarn doesn't split. I'm SOLD but I walk away because my stash is already OUT OF CONTROL and I have no idea what I would use it for. I continue on to find what I actually do need. I have SELF CONTROL! I grab a skein of Vanna's Choice in Beige to use as a skin tone for my Amigurumi Doll and I head toward the door. Unfortunately for my stash I pass by the Naturally Caron 'Spa' and 'Country' again and grab a skein of Loden Forest in 'Country'. I'm going to use it to make a swatch to see if it would work appropriately for a cardigan I'm wanting to make. I knew I wouldn't leave until I found what I needed and what I ABSOLUTELY had to have.
(Seriously, check out their website if you haven't already: www.naturallycaron.com)

I headed on to the Yo-C meeting.

The meeting went really well last night. I worked on my doll and got almost a full leg finished. It's going a little slower than I thought it would but I did have to start over on it a couple of times. We talked about charity projects coming up and our super secret Christmas gift. We got some pattern hand-outs that I'll have to get crackin' on and Joanna and I discussed hand carved hooks. I've decided I simply must have a hand carved crochet hook. My collection just will not be complete without one. Maybe this yarn group isn't such a good idea-afterall, they are only encouraging my addictive habit! But I guess that is the point....

2 comments:

DaCraftyLady said...

My 1st experience with Hobby Lobby was when I went to KY in May and stopped by one on the way to Nachville. OMG I fell in love with the store..I thought Super JoAnns was great...WOW....I bought so much yarn I thought I would have to buy another suitcase to get it home..... lol...but I also love Caron yarns...thanks for the website link...have fun...

Feral Housewife X said...

i gotta agree... that yarn was awesome... i am definitely gonna get some... but i gotta get rid of some of my stash first!

the scary stash is growing and threatening to take over our house!

i like to use acrylics because you never know if someone has an animal protein allergy.

--------
i have no idea what kind of pose that was with the mitts! lol
(he's a nut!)