2.24.2009

Weekend Crochet

This past weekend I started the 'Chevron Lace Cardigan' like I had planned. I got about 15 rows into the pattern (where you split the yoke for the sleeves) and decided I wasn't loving the yarn choice. The pattern calls for a DK weight yarn but there is no DK selection around here so I went with a worsted weight as some others have done. I chose Red Hearts Soft Yarn in Dark Leaf. I loved, loved, loved the color on the shelf. Everytime I'd walk down the aisle in consideration that one always jumped out at me. The further along I got with the cardigan the more I didn't like my color choice. Green is my favorite color but this was almost too green, if you know what I mean. I realized I'd probably be self concious wearing it. Then, there was the worsted weight. It just appeared entirely too thick for the openness of the pattern. I just decided it wasn't going right at all so I frogged it. I'd like to come back to this later because I really like the pattern and it really was flying by, but I'm going to have to wait until I'm inspired by a particular yarn...other than worsted weight green :-)

Also, this weekend I managed to make some progress on the Football Fever afghan. I've only got 11 more rows and I'll be finished with the endzone that's been holding me back! Should be fairly easy going after that...at least until I reach the mid-field logo.

Then, I finished my handmade item for the Odd Ducks: South Park Swap on Ravelry. It's a secret for at least another month or so-so I can't say. I have another item though that I need to make to add to it.

So at least I did manage to accomplish something this weekend.

No comments: