1.15.2009

Back to Routine, Back to Crochet

I went back to work this week. I really hated seeing that one coming. However, I've been really fortunate. I've only had mild-moderate pain twice this week and I haven't had to take any more pain pills. I'm back to sleeping through the entire night. I guess being back into your daily routine really does help get your body functioning normally again. I've just been so exhausted this week! I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to sleep late Saturday and have a long weekend. Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr!
While I was all laid up the past week or so with kidney stones I didn't really feel like crocheting all that much. I did manage to crochet a flower brooch...something fairly fast and super simple. Also, I managed to complete a fingerless glove but despite adding stitches and adding stitches it still felt too tight. I guess that may get tossed and as time allows maybe I'll start over with a larger hook. It's such a shame too because the glove turned out really pretty. I think I used 5 different colors...purple, green, brown, beige, and blue...which is very unBrandy like. Ah, oh well, hopefully one day I'll get back to it.
The plan now is do the Football Fever afghan for my husband. He's wanting it all specialized so I've had to do all kind of crazy graphs. This is one project that is probably going to take FOR-EVER because it requires my complete, undivided attention, which means it won't be a take along project. If you want to check out the afghan I'm talking about you can check it out on Ravelry. Here is a picture of someones finished afghan.
Then, the second massive undertaking I want to do is the Babette Blanket. It's an afghan comprised of 100 or more different sized granny squares and about 17 different colors. You can check it out on Ravelry too. (I would provide links but for some reason my computer is acting WHONKY!) Here's a picture of the Babette.
(I love that name! That's what we used to call my husbands aunt Annette before she passed away) That way I'll have an at home project and a carry along project. Also, I'll have an afghan for my husband and for myself. I don't plan on using those particular colors on the Babette though. I hope to use several shades of green, golds, and browns, or possibly fall colors. I haven't exactly decided yet. I'm still collecting yarn for the project and that will probably take awhile because, unfortunately, I can't afford to drop $70+ on yarn right now :-(
Oh well, just thought I would post my intentions on my blog sort of as a motivator. Afghans take a long time and I have a short attention span. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Feral Housewife X said...

so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!! (and sorry you had to go back to work... lol)

thanks for your good wishes for my cousin... she is only 38 with two children under 5... so i know she is more than a little worried. i am sure she will conquer this... she is a very strong-willed woman!

your new projects sound great... cant wait to see them!

hope to see you soon!

ziarah said...

Hey :) Good luck with the afghans, and thanks for commenting on my blog! I've moved the umbrella plant to the living room again, keeping my fingers crossed that it'll survive :)

Anonymous said...

I love the football afghan...my son LOVES football and I have been trying to think of an afghan to make him...is the pattern on Ravelry too???? It will be forever for me to finish it too but I will love making it for him Thanks for the "heads up" on the ZiCam meds...are there any side affects on that one? I am on anti-biotics for the sinus infection....which is what I get.. :( on the down side now...I am glad you are feeling better kidney stones are not fun....stay warm...

Anonymous said...

oh no I lost what I wrote.. :( I was saying that I love the football afghan idea and was wondering if there was a pattern on Ravelry too? I like this idea for my son...also thanks for the "heads up" on ZiCam and was wondering if there were any side affects. I am on the anti-biotics now for the sinus infection.. :( glad to hear you are feeling better kidney stones are not fun...stay warm