1.05.2009

Same song just a different day

Well, yesterday was much of the same as New Years. I woke up around 7:45 a.m. hurting in my back and abdomen so I immediately took a pain killer and my nausea medicine. After about an hour or two and no relief we called the ER in Easley and they said there was nothing else they could do for me. They said they had already prescribed me the strongest pain killers possible. So, my mom called my urologist for me and spoke to the doctor on call. He told me to take another pain killer and to lay in a bath of hot water, and if that didn't help then to go to Greenville Memorial's ER. I did both and still had no relief. Rolled around in the bed, on the couch, and on the floor and none of the 3 helped so finally around 11:30 we headed off to Memorial. I ended up spending about 4-5 hours there. They gave me Dilaudid as a pain killer and I had an allergic reaction to it so they ended up putting me on oxygen. Honestly, that freaked me out a little bit. Anyway, it got rid of my pain so that's all that really mattered, to me at the time. They gave me 2 IV bags full of fluid to try to flush the stone out, but I've had no such luck with that. My pain was under control the rest of the evening. I decided (like a big dummy) to go into work today. Right around 10:30-11:00 the pain kicked in, I couldn't use the bathroom at all, and my right side started swelling so I left and drove to my urologist. There, I took some more pain medication :-) and got scheduled for surgery in the morning. The doctor said that I should have passed the stone by now but since I hadn't he's going to go in and bust it up with a laser. Unfortunately, I think he's only busting the one stone that's stuck in my passage and not the other 5 of them camping out in my kidney's. I guess I'll know more in the morning...this was kind of last minute.
Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know. I really hate missing work and I really hate surgery's. So, say a prayer for me. Hopefully, this will get everything under control and back to normal.

No comments: