9.30.2008

Traveling Teddy


I joined a group on Ravelry called 'The Traveling Teddy'. For those of you who don't know how it works I'll tell you. Each person in the group gets a teddy bear (or some other sort of stuffed animal) and prepares 'luggage' for them by making a bag for them to carry. You also send with your teddy a small notebook which acts as their passport. Once all of this is assembled you mail it out to your downstream partner. When they receive your teddy they are to 'stamp' its passport by making notes of where your teddy has visited. They are also supposed to take pictures of your teddy out and about visiting their town. Before they ship your teddy off to their downstream partner they are supposed to send along with it a small memento of it's trip. Sounds interesting enough. I've never tried anything like this before so I thought it might be fun.
My favorite bear, Bean is making this trip. I immediately regretted my decision when I handed her over to the clerk at the post office. Poor Bean shoved inside a padded envelope. I've had Bean for probably 8 years, at least. She's scented like Vanilla Bean. That's where she got her name. Amazingly, even after 8 years she still smells. Who knows what she'll smell like when I get her back-IF I get her back and she doesn't get lost somewhere along the way. I guess all I can do is pray for her safe return. She'll be making 9 stops before returning back to me. In those 9 stops she'll be visiting 8 different states....Texas, California, Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. If all goes well I should have her back at home around Christmas time...but HOPEFULLY before. It just won't be Christmas without Bean sitting on the stair rail with garland and lights.
OH! and if you're visiting my blog because you're in my Ravelry group-Please take care of my Teddy!!! and post your location below!!!

2 comments:

Feral Housewife X said...

oh that sounds fun! i hope bean has a great trip and is returned to you before christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that
sweet smellin' Bean has arrived here in San Jose, California. It's raining today but I'm sure there will be trick-or-treaters for her to meet.

Blessings
SonShine