9.25.2008

FO-This is Over Due!

It's been forever since I've posted! I guess you can tell that blogging doesn't exactly come natural to me. It's like you're just putting yourself out there for all the world to see. Maybe someone will read it, maybe they won't. Maybe no one even really cares. I started a blog though cause I thought it would be neat. I guess in a sense I was trying to ' keep up with the Jones' '. I do enjoy reading other peoples blogs. They are so natural and so entertaining. Mine on the other hand? Not so much.

Well, enough of my ranting and rambling and such...


Even though this is over due and old news to many I wanted to include a pic of my Ami doll on my blog since I referred to it in previous posts.

Allow me to introduce....AUTUMN!


Autumn is my first amigurumi doll but she definitely won't be the last. I've already got plans for several others. My problem now is just finding the time to start them. It seems my crochet days are being filled with Birthday presents, Christmas presents, and Shawls and Blankets for the Prayer Shawl Ministry. I imagine at the beginning of the year things will start to slow down for me some.

I crocheted Autumn with a 2.75mm hook...much smaller than the hook called for in the pattern but I like to make sure that my amigurumi is extremely tight. I hate for stuffing to show through. Her dress was crocheted with a 3.5mm. She's made up of Caron's Simply Soft, Vanna's Choice, and some random yarn that I found in my grandmother's stash. She took me about 3 1/2-4 weeks to make. She's about 14 inches tall. As you may have guessed - her hair took the most time to make. I think I spent 3-4 days on her hair alone and had I not been so stinkin' impatient I would have added more. However, I do think it turned out fine the way it is. I also gave Autumn a trendy little scarf and headband...because it is extremely important for a girl to accessorize! Now she just needs her very own yarn bag and stash.

If you're interested in the pattern I used for my doll you can find it here:

http://stitch.hellooperator.net/free-patterns/amigurumi-doll/


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Autumn is just beautiful!

Let me add to anyone else reading, I've seen her in person and she is just too sweet for words. Her hair and headband are absolutely adorable.

Wonderful job!