4.09.2009

Rip it! Rip it!

Well, I didn't work on the Prayer Shawl after all. I'm a terrible, terrible person who lacks motivation and determination.

After talking to a friend on Ravelry I decided I would try to block my Terra Firma so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a large foam board for pinning. I walked in the door ready to tackle it, but decided I should try it on ONE LAST TIME to make final decisions. With my husband and I both pulling and tugging on it I realized that one of my button bands was longer than the other...and it was ruffling. That much would have to be frogged and redone. And if that much would have to be frogged then I decided...while I'm at it...and I frogged half of the sweater too. So, that's what I did. I spent the entire evening frogging and winding my yarn into balls. It looks like I'll be finishing this first, then I'll do a couple of Prayer Shawls (which BTW I found a pattern for-THANK YOU VERY MUCH!), then I hope to tackle the Spring Shell that was just published in the newest Interweave Crochet Magazine. Hopefully, after that it'll be back to the Football Fever Afghan.

There's so much to do and so little time in the day...

3 comments:

Feral Housewife X said...

awww... dont be so hard on yourself... i dont think you are a terrible person!

sorry about your frogging issues... i know that can really suck!

wow... i didnt know you were getting into running... is there a special run you are thinking of participating in? dont give up... it sounds like you are doing great!

i agree about how some older folks dont believe they should follow common courtesy rules... what is up with that?

hope you get past some of these obstacles and make it to your happy place.

i have been a little out of touch lately... my fil, in ga, had a stroke, and we have been traveling to help care for him every weekend... but had a little time today to try to catch up on blogs!

Unknown said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it done.

Erin Wallace said...

Frogging is so heart wrenching! I had to frog a cowl this week (though a sweater would kill me, it takes me FOREVER to knit a sweater).

Thanks for stopping by the blog. Good luck!